Research and Evaluation
- Assessment of Assets and Needs
- Summative, Formative, and Developmental Evaluation
- Social Impact Evaluation
- Qualitative Research
- Theory of Change and Logic Models
- Focus Groups and Interviews
- Statistical Analysis
Strengthening Programs and Organizations
We work with organizations that want to create a lasting impact on people, communities, and systems. The visions of these organizations are often ambitious and large in scope and scale. That very scope, however, makes it hard to keep all the pieces functioning together.
What are the strengths that we and others have? What needs are not being met? What’s working? How much is it costing us? What did we learn? Are we making a difference? Answering these questions while trying to be creative in addressing the urgent needs of your organization can be daunting.
Flanagan-Hyde Associates uses disciplined, evidence-based, and objective evaluations and assessments that are tailored to each organization. As skilled facilitators, we conduct focus groups and one-on-one interviews as part of our qualitative research. As skilled statisticians, we bring decades of experience to find the meaning in the data in our quantitative research.
We offer customized solutions:
- Assessments of assets and needs to reveal strengths and resources and to identify unmet needs
- Developmental evaluations to iteratively apply ongoing learning to innovative or emerging programs
- Formative evaluations to improve ongoing programs
- Summative evaluations to assess completed programs or phases
Effective action flows from a disciplined and thorough assessment of a program, sector, or system. Objective evaluation helps you understand what is working and not working, brings impact to light, and positions you to respond with new ideas to better serve your communities. We will work with you to choose the right assessment or evaluation, make meaning of the results, and develop action-oriented solutions.